Montessori philosophy believes in each child’s innate willingness to learn, allowing children to work at their own pace, with a balance of teacher-selected and student-selected activities. As such, Montessori schools are designed to help each student discover and develop their unique talents and possibilities. They treat each child as individual learners and do not rely on rewards and punishments to motivate. Rather, children are encouraged to “learn how to learn,” thus gaining independence and self-confidence.
CLICK HERE for more information on Casa Montessori
Classical Homeschool Academy--Kindergarten through 7th Grade
- On-Site Instruction Days--Monday and Tuesday--9AM-3PM
- Home Study Days--Wednesday, Thursday and Friday
- State-Credentialed Teachers
- Curriclum Provided for Home Study Days--math, language arts, social studies and science integrated into a Month-Long project
- Best for Students Who--thrive in an interactive learning environment who need a more-structured learning environmnet
- Best for Parents Who--want curriculum for their Home Study days and a scope and sequence for that curriculum
Classical education depends on a three-part process of training the mind. The early years of school are spent in absorbing facts, systematically laying the foundations for advanced study. In the middle grades, students learn to think through arguments. In the high school years, they learn to express themselves. This classical pattern is called the trivium.
--Susan Wise Baur author of A Well-Trained Mind
CLICK HERE for more information on Classical Mind University
Montesssori Middle School--7th & 8th Grade
Montessori Middle School – This 7th & 8th grade program melds the Socratic-style classroom experience with Montessori methodology. Curriculum is personalized and project-based. An exciting program of field trips, community internships, and service learning is planned for this dynamic program. Course of study will be rigorous.
- On-Site Instruction Days--Monday-Friday--8:30AM-3:30PM
- Friday is an electives class day which will include physical education, performing arts and/or visual arts
- State-Credentialed & Montessori Certificated Teachers
- Best for Students Who--thrive in an interactive learning environment
DaVinci Academy--Transitional Kindergarten through 6th Grade
Leondardo DaVinci has been widely regarded as the greatest genius of all time.
The DaVinci Academy incorporates the following principles which DaVinci used throughout his life to discover and innovate:
- Curiosita (insatiable curiosity)
- Dimostrazione (ability to persevere in the face of failure)
- Senzasione (continual refinement of the senses)
- Sfumato (willingness to accept ambiguity)
- Arte/Scienza (ability to integrate art and science)
- Corporalita (continual refinement of physical grace and fitness)
- Connessione (recognition and appreciation of the interconnectedness of all things)
We do this by integrating the arts throughout the curriculum, providing a rigorous, individualized curriculum and challenging the students with individual and group work.